Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Soul searching


Someone just called me his “lovely sister”.
And I felt this little tingle of warmth spreading through my veins. No one’s ever said that to me before. People look at me in 3 ways: The Clown, The Ice Maiden, The Strange One.
Outside of my soul’s family, no one looks into my eyes, no one sees my soul.
And this person, who I barely even know, save for the few cigarette breaks we’ve shared together, managed to do just that.
And sometimes that’s all it takes to make your day. The fact that even one single person managed to look outside the box and not see me as a stereotype. That’s a good enough start for now.
He’s example enough to other people to start looking beyond the obvious. To not judge the book by its cover. To dig through the outside and look at the inside of the person you’re talking to. The outside’s as fickle as the clothes you’re wearing today. Tomorrow, you’ll wear something else. Today, your body is the way it is. Five years ago, it was very different. Ten years from now, it will change even more. Thirty years down the line, you won’t even recognize it any more. That’s how temporary our bodies are. But who we are on the inside, the energies and emotions that make us us, those don’t change with the passage of time. 500 years from now, your soul will still retain the same qualities it does today.
Sorta makes you wonder what all the hoo-ha about colour, shape and size is all about huh?

P.S. Enjoy the here and now. It’s the only place to be. But don’t grow roots. Remember you still have a long way to fly.

1 comment:

  1. Suave and svelte… it’s a thought provoking one Guru M… I do agree to your viewpoint… I think the most stupid thing in the world is ‘racism’…they, the racist lot, don’t actually realise ‘the soul’ has no colour.. no smell.. no taste.. no shape… no religion.. no gender.. it is a bundle of energy..thats it… Send this post to as many people as possible… coz this one could definitely inspire many…

    ReplyDelete