Thursday, December 31, 2009

Beginnings, endings and lessons learnt

It is the end today. But also the beginning.
The year taught me a lot. It has been one of the most important years of my life. The lessons of this year have been invaluable.
It taught me to let go. I showed me sorrow, it showed me pain, but it also showered me with love, abundance, joy, wealth, new opportunities and old souls who would never have come into my life, had I not created the mess I did.
Yes, 2009 was a year of unexpected twists and turns. I had to clear out the old before attracting the new. I had to learn the meaning of love, so I could learn the meaning of loss. And I had to learn about loss, before learning of the beauty of love.
It’s been a year I will never forget. A year of changes and surprises. A year of love.
A year which would never have been what it was if I wasn’t blessed with the souls who make up my family. And by family, I mean my soul family… Mum Dad, Za Anu, Noor, Traill, Bianca, Allan, Gladys, Sneaks, Tia, and who knows, who else. I'm sure there are still a few out there I haven't met yet.
I’m blessed, me.

No comments:

Post a Comment