Monday, June 8, 2009

Another world

Imagine a room, a dark room, where the only light comes from the tip of a burning incense stick. Imagine that room soaked in the aroma of the incense. It’s a room filled with peace and light. There’s a strong feeling of love passed on from one body to another. It’s a room where the souls are hovering above their bodies, playing, dancing and teasing with their angels, with each other’s angels, seeing angels as far as the eye can see. The bodies that house those souls lie motionless on the padded floor. Some cry, others sleep, a few smile. No one moves, saves the souls who continue their dance with the angels. Outside the full moon shines pure and bright.
I lie there watching myself lie there. Soon I leave me behind and I’m off on a magical journey to a land far away, so far that time and space cease to exist, making it the nearest possible place I could be in at that moment. I’m on my own. I float, I fly, I cleanse, I heal. Yet I feel the others there. I feel connected by an invisible bond that my subconscious has acknowledged. I am asked to let go. I try. I really do. It’s not happening. And then in massive gobs and spurts, it comes gushing out of me. I watch myself letting go as though it’s a physical process. I sense that somewhere in another place, others are doing the same. I feel far away yet connected to the now. I feel the room get lighter. I see the hurt flying away. I feel a burst of light going through my body. I see that light, I allow it to go through me, through every single part of me. I welcome it for it takes away the weight. The smiling faces around me start glowing. Their wings encircle me in a ring of protection. They lift me up until I’m flying with them. I feel tiny, I feel big, I’m a giant, I’m a little girl, I’m a woman, I’m a child… This me keeps morphing, going to different versions of me that were holding on to different elements. Each version of me had something to let go. I never allowed those me’s that privilege before. Now I wonder why I ever denied it.
I open my eyes and the peace and calm of the room reassures me. It’s the perfect landing after my journey though space. A journey on which I lost a lot of my baggage and returned feeling lighter than before. A little tree of confidence was planted in my spine. It’s still young, but grow it will. And its fruits will be among the sweetest. I know this. I saw this. I believe this.

No comments:

Post a Comment