Friday, May 15, 2009

Ode to Sneaks


By now if there’s anything you’ve learnt about me, it’s my respect for the universe, my disrespect for manmade shite and my bordering-on-obsession love for my dog, which by the way is a two-way street. Little Sneaky is also obsessively obsessed with me. So this bog entry was just waiting to happen. Here it is.

 

An Ode To Snickers

 

He’s the reason

I wake up every morning

The reason I fall asleep exhausted

My reason for trying

For moving on

Even with baby steps

For he feeds off me

My happiness becomes his

My sorrow, his own.

Adoration in his eyes

A sneaky twitch of his nose

Little paws going pitter-patter

Like raindrops on the floor

He follows me around

Eyes wide with trust

And I’ll protect him

And shelter him

Always do the best I can

For I love him

In a way brand new

Like a child

But more.

My tiny little love

My tiny little puppy

No comments:

Post a Comment