Thursday, May 14, 2009

The weekend!

Came in to work this morning, dazed and confused as usual, but on a blog high. As luck would have it, I felt the sudden urge to show off my newly-formed bit of online joy (I might be on my way to becoming a blogaddict). Anyway, the only person who showed a glimmer of interest was B, who then proceeded to emotionally blackmail me for not writing on my blog that it was his blog that inspired me to make mine. So here you go B. Revel in all your manipulative glory.
B, aside, don’t you just love-hate that Thursday feeling? You know, the weekend’s almost here, yay! But then the working day just freaking drags. And then sudden joy! It’s 6pm and you’re done for the week. But oh oh! Panic sets in. The weekend looms long and large. Everyone seems to have a plan. Everyone but you that is. Then begin the frantic calls to everyone you know, or have ever known, lest you remain the only soul in the city who hasn’t done something randomly, inanely, unfulfillingly, party-hardy like.
For everyone who doesn’t have a weekend plan, or even the mojo to face another weekend alone, here’s plan B. Make no plans. Breathe. Sit in your garden (or terrace). Play with your dog. Or Cat. Or gerbil. Or bird. Or fish. Or yourself for all we care. Talk to yourself (or said dog/cat/bird, etc). Put on your party shoes, funk up to Prince, and dance with your eyes closed. Live the moment. Enjoy the solitude. Attract life.
The phone’s gonna ring the second you’ve switched off from waiting for it to ring. That’s the way my friend the universe works. Ask, put it out there, pretend it’s yours, then forget all about it. You’ll get it eventually. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment