Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Crow



A wise friend once told me, there are no coincidences in life. It’s all signs from the universe that you’re on the right track.
Thanks N.
The universe just proved him right. Thursday morning meeting. Everyone with their plastic smiles and over-enthusiastic enthusiasm. I sit there watching Jam making beautiful henna designs on paper (for which she got pulled up, instead of praised for her creative skills). Anyway, Ed suddenly asks if anyone could fill in for him on a cover shoot at DIFC. Now although walking around in the 45 degree heat isn’t my idea of fun, something made me sit up and say I wanted to do it. As soon as I said it, I was disgusted with myself for volunteering. Heck, I was in my Kenneth Cole silk blouse today. Why the hell did I ask to walk around in the sun getting photos of DIFC?
But the die had been cast, and off to DIFC it was. Two minutes into the drive and we pulled over for a little bird who was trying to cross the street. Little boy couldn’t fly and his mouth was wide open. He might have been dehydrated, or injured. I wasn’t sure. We moved him to a safe spot for his mum to find him while S and I went off on our assignment. Two hours later, he was still there, and no mum in sight any more. Soon enough the little crow made history by being the first birdie in our office.
To cut the story short, my favourite dolphin boy (okay, so there’s two of them, not just one) came to the rescue and took him home for some TLC.
And why did I even bother to tell you this story? To make a point. To make N’s point actually. There are no coincidences.

No comments:

Post a Comment