Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Waiting for the perfect world

Sometimes I don’t understand people. Correction. A lot of the time I don’t understand people. Take for example this morning. Walking into the place I normally walk into five days a week, I can’t help but look around, make eye contact, exchange a smile or two on my way to the coffee machine, then head to my regular spot, chirpy and happy in the here and now. And you probably know what happens next.
Gloomy faces all around. Sombre expressions telling tales of sorrow and despair. It’s the face I’d adopt if the bodies on this planet abandoned their souls and set about on a quest of hatred. So why such extreme doom and gloom 9am in the morning then? I sat and tried to figure it out. I took a little walk and kept trying to figure it out. Mulled over a coffee desperately trying to find out why. I tried and I tried, and I’m still trying even now.
Why the gloom? Could everyone have gotten out the wrong side of bed this morning? Not that I agree with that term anyway. I mean, what’s the wrong side? A bed’s a bed. It fulfills its mission to give you warmth and comfort upon contact. How can that have the word wrong attached to it in any way? And what's with the word “wrong” in the first place? Who created it? What’s wrong? What’s right? Who decides? Who has the right to? Right, wrong, good, bad, sin, grace… it’s all subjective. It’s all personal.
But I digress. Back to the uncalled for gloom.
… Actually, hang on a tic. I think I want to digress. Not necessarily to being against the concept of wrong, but to anything else. There’s enough pompousness, ego and grumpiness all around as it is, without me adding my energy to the mix by writing about it. Because, by writing about a thing, I’m automatically condoning it, accepting it, allowing it to be, to manifest. Ordinarily, who am I to deny anything its existence, but gloom, ego, anger and jealously … it hurts to even write down those words.
So let’s not. Let’s imagine a perfect world, with little butterflies of hope carrying messages of love. A world where people smile like retards (not the scary smiles though), a world where difference is celebrated, instead of fought over. A world minus war, religion and politics. A world of purple breezes and blue skies. A world without borders. A world rich in colour, where every kid has a reserve 10kg bag of candy, every animal has a loving environment to call home, every plant grows wild and free, every man love the other, every woman stands strong, where prejudices are a thing of the past and people, black, while, brown, yellow, straight, gay, tall, short, rich and poor all stand shoulder to shoulder, creating a circle of love, illuminating the purest of light and living as one.
Bet that made you crack at least the hint of a smile, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment